Shane Canyon Walsh
Objective: Physical geographer seeking opportunity to develop and apply skills in the fields of Geoscience, Cartography, Remote Sensing, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
Rowan University, Glassboro, NJ, Anticipated Graduation – December 2017
- Bachelor of Arts in Geography, Concentration in Geoscience, GIS Minor, Planning Minor – GPA 4.0
- Member – Gamma Theta Upsilon International Geographical Honor Society
- Member – Tau Sigma National Honor Society
Antonelli Institute of Photography, Erdenheim, PA, May 2004
- Associate in Specialized Technology – Photography – GPA 3.55
Employment: Photographer, 2002 to 2014
- Directed and executed digital photography work flow: lighting, capturing, downloading, editing, retouching, printing, archiving.
- Oversaw digital capture and digital capture work flow, from conception to post production, in studio and on location, in high stress environment.
Yeoman, United States Coast Guard, 1997 to 2001
- Maintained files and administrative records, pay and personnel requests, prepared military travel orders and prepared correspondence.
- Disaster response, search and rescue, marine resource protection and waterway security, in high stress environment.
Internships: Rowan University (Dr. Christman) – Jan. 2017 to present
- This study presents an object-based approach to mapping LULC using illustrator software and mid to high resolution, aerial photographs, in order to create a versatile map product, able to display multiple viewpoints.
Rowan University Community Visualization/Planning Lab (Dr. Meenar) – Jan. to Sep. 2017.
- Mapping, graphic design, qualitative data analysis for ongoing research lab.
- Geographic Information Systems software/web mapping platforms: ArcGIS Suite, including ArcMap, ArcScene, ArcGlobe, ArcGIS Online, IndieMapper
- Remote Sensing software including TerrSet/Idrisi
- 3D modeling software including SketchUp
- Desktop and Database Suites: Microsoft Word/Excel/Access, Powerpoint, Google Docs, Dropbox, Evernote and Piktochart
- Graphic Design/Photography software including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
- Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team – Disaster Mapping
- Rowan University Fossil Park, PBS Nova Production – Fossil set up and prep work
- Wenonah Shade Tree Commission, Wenonah, NJ – Member
- Home and School of Wenonah – Graphic Design Work
References and Letters of Recommendation available upon request.